Block Party Permit Application
- Dates for the 2024 Jumping Jack Program will be announced in late March/early April of 2024. The application is best completed on a computer using Google Chrome. For more information, click here.
- Rules Regarding Block Party Permits Requests
- Block Party Waste Management Flyer
- Requests for Block Party Permits from the Aldermanic Offices must be received by the Department of Transportation within three (3) business days before the event to ensure the permit is issued for the event.
- Permits will be issued no later than 2 weeks before the requested block party date.
For a block party to be approved and issued by the Chicago Department of Transportation, the Aldermanic Office must enter the permit request in which the block party is taking place in the Service Request (CSR) system.
Your permit will be emailed to you. The Fire Department will be requested after the permit is accepted by CDOT . You will not receive confirmation of their attendance. The C.F.D. will make every attempt to honor all Block Party or Special Event requests.
Entry of the request constitutes the Aldermanic request for a recreational street closing following the provisions of Section 9-12-040 of the Municipal Code of the City of Chicago.